Author: L.A. Starkey
Add it on Goodreads
This product was provided by netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
They say a soul is the immaterial essence, the animating principle, the actuating cause of an individual life.
But what if you had to share yours with the one person you hated the most?
The soul mate principle states that for every one soul there is another that will recognize its match, hence creating the perfect union.
But what if you had two soul mates, which would you choose?
What if your choices had eternal ramification?
Deceived, the debut novel in the Soul Keeper Series, is a modern day love story about the implications of having more than one soul mate, and having to choose between the two of them. The decisions of the gods has left the next generation, their heirs, torn between fate and reality, and the balance of the future hangs in anticipation of what's to come.
- With most books I am given in exchange for a review it usually takes me a couple of chapters to really get into the book and decide if I am going to be able to sink my teeth into it, if it will drag on or ultimetly I just cant find myself enjoying. With this book that few chapters I usually allow faded away as I was snared within the first few pages. Allow me a moment to figure out exactly how to explain just how much I enjoyed this book and why.
- I think one of the best aspects of this book is that the love interest is not rushed. There was not this deep been in love forever attraction that could not be broken and is pretty unrealistic. In fact for the majority of the book the love interests are seperated. I was watching the percentage of the book ticking away, all the while the trio had yet to come together and while I was excited that this book was realistic in this aspect, I could hardly contain my excitement for it to happen.
- I like that you really get to involved with the characters of this book, you get so much back story and insight, some of it repeating, that you get to know the characters and you can't help but pick a side in everything.
- It is a pretty safe bet to say that I NEED the sequel to this book. I HAVE To know what happens and so will you.
- Love, intrigue, mythology, you name it and this book probably has it.
5 out of 5 stars!